Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of Choice.

Success is a journey, not the destination.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

At the Office.

1. Platform:
I was accessing my Linked-in website and I accessed it at my office using my Laptop at my workstation.
2. The Moment:
It was quite a busy morning and the office was occupied with all my colleagues and I were focusing on our task at hand for the day.It was a tiring but satisfactory morning for me as I have completed most of my job task that I was supposed to complete.
3. Purpose:
I was led to the website Linked-in because I need to get in touch with my fellow professional colleagues in the same or different industry.I wanted to get updates from them and vice-versa.Of course, to stay in touch as much as I could before the day is over.
4. Activity:
I did want to add some more new connections but I changed my mind and decided to join the "Groups You May Like category".I did it because I need to find out more about groups that share the same professional experience and line of work.Besides, I can learn more new things from joining the Groups itself.I can also follow "Companies You may want to follow category".I can get latest updates from the companies that I chose,directly.It took me around 20 mins for each time spend.
5. Communication:
I communicate with my old colleague in Singapore, and try to find out what's the latest activity in her working life there.Although, she did'nt answer right away but later she will answer the message I sent and updated me.She is worthy to get in touch with because she's an old friend of mine and we value our friendship together for the past 10 years we've known each other. There was no communication directed at me that I avoided at the time because I will answer their messages promptly.Sometimes, my colleagues are busy so they replied to me a little later in the day but I always give feedback to them when I am in Linked-in website.
6. What's In it for Me:
I will get the latest updates from my professional colleagues and old friends and I feel happy and contented to know that my friends are always connected to me on-line although they are busy with their work, but still find the time to communicate with each other.
7. Final Thoughts:
I really feel that Linked-in is very important in this day and age as it helps professionals such as me to connect with past and present friends quickly, with no hassle at all.Besides, it helps us to get inside connections when you are moving forward in your career path or looking for a new business opportunities locally or overseas.

Au Revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment