Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of Choice.

Success is a journey, not the destination.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday well spent.

Platform:
It's a good day for me to spend more time alone today,cooking at the kitchen.Yes, I do cook sometimes.My wife and son are away in Penang this weekend.So, am left to my own devices for the weekend.Am thinking of cooking chicken and vegetable soup today.So, I decided to check out one of my favorite cooking websites, by Jamie Oliver.I accessed it at home this morning through my PC at home.
The Moment:
So, there I was preparing myself to cook poached chicken and vegetable soup.I prepared the chicken together with carrots,celery,potatoes and thyme into a pan and mixed them with water.I simmered it for 1 and half hours or so.Then, I removed the chicken and cut it in long chunks.I let the broth simmer again and later I put back the chicken together with some peas.I let it simmer for 5 minutes and voila..Lunch is served.When I served in a bowl, i mixed it with some parsley and celery leaves.I was really happy that I could spend time cooking on my own for a change.Normally, my wife will do it but I can chip in once and a while.I can cook, you know.I chose Jamie Oliver's website because he is one of my favourite cook besides Nigella Lawson's cooking channel website.
Purpose:
I was drawn to this website because I love to see any interesting recipes that Jamie Oliver can recommend.I am trying to hone my cooking skills further to learn new recipes not just for myself but also for my family.I chose his website because he's a good cook and I can learn many new things from a Chef like him.
Activity:
I browsed some new recipes that was offered in his website.I look up in almost all the new recipes list like pea and goat's risotto etc.I spent time around an hour browsing for recipes and reading them one by one.Later, after cooking and eating I decided to tell my friends that I've cooked myself a nice chicken and vege soup at home.So, I logged into Facebook and told my friends about it.I spent chatting with them for more than 45 minutes.
Communication:
I contacted my fellow friends who loves to cook by themselves.They were happy to hear it and I need to share the experience with them because we share the same hobby-"Cooking".I chat with all my friends who did communicate with me at the time.Everybody's informed and I gave a positive feedback to them in return.
What's in it for me:
I learned that sharing the passion of cooking with your friends is important because I can learn more about cooking for myself and from them, whom I might say, are more knowledgeable than me.I am really glad that I cook and chat with my friends about it.It helps me a lot in improving myself in this hobby.Everyone needs a good hobby to spend time at home or outdoors.It's good for your soul, I must say.
Final thoughts:
One of my hobby is Cooking,so I've learned some skills from the cooking website as well as from my friends who love to cook as well.Sharing your knowledge is essential in our daily lives.

Viva Cooking everbody!
posted time: 9pm..I hope I get the time right.

No comments:

Post a Comment